On Sunday, U.S. forces shot down an undefined object flying over Lake Huron, the great lake situated between Michigan and Canada.
This is only the most recent of a string of incidents involving foreign objects entering U.S. territory, beginning with a large balloon shot down by U.S. forces off the coast of South Carolina on Feb. 4. The balloon is believed to be Chinese in origin.
Two more unidentified flying objects were spotted this past weekend: one over Montana on Saturday and another over Lake Michigan early Sunday.
Air travel was briefly banned in both areas but those bans have since been lifted.
Then, later Sunday, U.S. Representative Jack Bergman of Michigan revealed that U.S. forces had shot down an object flying over Lake Huron.
“I’ve been in contact with DOD regarding operations across the Great Lakes region today. The US military has decommissioned another ‘object’ over Lake Huron,” Bergman wrote.
Canada had recently closed airspace over Lake Huron. That followed an earlier incident Sunday where the U.S. closed and then reopened airspace over Lake Michigan.
UPDATE: Canada says this was a joint NORAD operation.
“Defence Minister Anita Anand statement: ” Today, a high-altitude object was detected in U.S. airspace over Lake Huron. NORAD launched Canadian and U.S. aircraft to investigate and the object was taken down in U.S. airspace by U.S. aircraft.””
FlightRadar24 image showed a U.S. plane tracking an object from Lake Michigan to Lake Huron.
UPDATE: Rep. Troy Nehls (R-TX), “BREAKING: The U.S. military has shot down another unidentified flying object over Lake Huron. We need answers now.”
But no “answers” have been forthcoming from the Biden Administration or Pentagon about either the Montana incident or Michigan.
That is the third “object” that has been shot down over the past three days, in addition to the larger balloon shot down last week which the government has identified as a Chinese spy balloon. There was one shot down over Alaska on Friday and a second one was taken down over Canada on Saturday.
Each of them appears to have penetrated U.S. airspace for some time before being shot down. If the one that they took down on Sunday is the same one that was spotted over Montana on Saturday night, it’s been moving over U.S./Canadian territory for some time, until it was “decommissioned” around 3:30 p.m. ET on Sunday.
There were rumors the Montana object was just a radar “anomaly,” but Rep. Matt Rosendale (R-MT) said it was a real object.
The object reportedly was an “octagon,” shape according to multiple reports. That would be different than the prior two “objects” that were described as “cylindrical.”
Video and photos reportedly taken from Petoskey, Michigan on the northeast side of Lake Michigan:
But the response from the Biden team has been anything but transparent, as even MSNBC’s Chuck Todd observed. He noted that National Security Council Coordinator for Strategic Communications John Kirby didn’t offer up that they were scrambling fighters to shoot down the balloon that was shot down over Alaska until a reporter asked.
Then Todd said the U.S. military in a statement on Saturday could not provide details about that object that had been shot down over Alaska, including its “capabilities, purpose, or origin.” Todd explained that they asked the White House and the Pentagon to provide any guests to provide any more information, “both declined,” Todd said.
Where is Joe Biden? He’s been silent since the first “object” was shot down over Alaska on Friday. He was holding a black-tie dinner at the White House last night, so this was one of the few times that he was in town on the weekend.
Of course, if we’re looking for coherent comment, Biden isn’t the guy anyway. But this is the level of incompetence that the American people are left to hang in the air for three days over what’s going on. If you’re losing Chuck Todd and MSNBC, with them busting you for lack of transparency on the air, you’re doing something very wrong.